DAY 1 : CUSCO - OCONGATE - TINQUI
Driving along the Cusco - Puerto Maldonado route, we will travel from Cusco and pass through the towns of Urcos, Ocongate, and finally Tinqui. We will reach Tinqui (3,800 meters/12,467 feet above sea level) at 3:00 p.m., where we will camp for the night.
DAY 2: TINQUI - UPIS
We will begin our trek on Day 2, passing through Quinsapucyu and Huarmisaya until we arrive at Upis, where we will enjoy some of the most fantastic views of Ausangate Mountain.
DAY 3: UPIS - PUKACOCHA
On Day 3, we will hike toward the Arapa Pass at approximately 4,958 meters/16,266 feet above sea level. We will camp for the night near the Pukacocha Lagoon
DAY 4: PUKACOCHA - JAMPA
We will begin Day 4 with a visit to a group of small lakes, and from there we will hike to the highest pass of our journey - the Palomani Pass at 5,100 meters/16,732 feet above sea level. At dusk, we will arrive at Jampa and make camp for the night.
DAY 5: JAMPA - KOMERQOCHA - PACHASPATA
We will hike into the Jampa Valley and then hike northwest until we arrive at the Ticllacocha Lagoon. Then, we will cross the last pass of the trek, located at 4,650 meters/15,256 feet above sea level. After making the pass we will arrive at the Pampa of Pachaspata, where we will camp on the banks of Komerqocha Lake
DAY 6: PACHASPATA - PACCHANTA
On Day 6, we will descend into the valley and arrive at the town of Pachanta. In Pachanta, we will take a well-deserved rest and a relaxing soak in the thermal hot springs. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included.
DAY 7: PACCHANTA - TINKI - CUSCO
On the last day of our trek, we will make a brief hike and arrive at the highway, where a private bus will be waiting to take us back to Cusco; we will arrive back in Cusco at sunset.
* Campsites are subject to change according to the size of the group.
- Group Size: Depends on the client
- Fixed departures: Depends on the client
- Transportation in and out: Cusco - Tinki - Cusco (private bus)
- Guide: Professional English and Spanish speaking guide; 2 guides for groups over 12 people
- Cook: In charge of meal preparation
- Horsemen and horses: Carry tents, cooking equipment and also carry backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses (Max. 15 kilos/ 33 lbs per person)
- Emergency Horse: Just in case someone needs help
- Meals: 6 Breakfasts/7 Lunches/6 Dinners/Snacks and afternoon tea
- Equipment: tents (2 people in each, 3-person-capacity), Therm-a-rest sleeping pad, dinner tent, special biodegradable bathroom tent, kitchen tent, shower tent, tables and chairs, table settings, first aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Breakfast the 1st day, usually hotels offer this service
- Sleeping bag
- US$18 Sleeping bag rental(-10°C) for the whole trek:
- US$22 single accommodation
Ausangate Trek and Trips 7 Days - 6Nights
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES: Cachicata to Machu Picchu Huchuyqosqo to Machu Picchu Lares to Machu Picchu Huchuyqosqo Patabamba To Machu Picchu Salkantay to Machu Picchu Salkantay Santa Teresa to Machu Picchu Vilcabamba to Machu Picchu
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES: Aausangate Choquequirao Vilcabamba Llama Trek Choquequirao Lares VILCABAMBA
ECOTURISM: Manu Tambopata
FESTIVITIES: Inti Raymi Paucartambo Qoyllorriti
PACKAGES: Inti Raymi Packages 7d/6n Inca Empire Package 8d/7n Puma Package 9d/8n Inti Raymi Peru 10d/9n Majestic Peru Package 13d/12n Traditional Peru Packages 14d/13n Q'ente Package 16d/15n Condor Package 16d/15n Adventure Peru Packages 16d/15n Alternative Condor Packages 17d/16n Extraordinary Peru Package 20d/19n
TRADITIONAL TOURS: City Tour Sacred Valley Tour Machupicchu