VILCABAMBA - MACHUPICCHU 5D/4N
DAY 1: CUSCO - HUANCACALLE - VITCOS
We leave Cusco at 4:00 a.m. in our private bus and pass small villages like Chinchero, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo. We'll make the ascent to a cold place close to the snow caps, where we'll see huge stones covered with snow, and then we'll ascend until Abra Malaga (4170 m.s.n.m). Then we will descend to La Convencion and pass along Alfamayu, Amaybamba, Huyro, Huayopata, Quintalpata, arriving to Santa Teresa. After another 2 km, we will find Chaullay (1890 meters), the point where both the Urubamba River and Vilcabamba River come together. From this point we have to ascend and pass through Lucuma (the main village of Vilcabamba). These are good lands for agriculture and growing fruit. We'll walk through Naranjal, located 3.5 Km. from Chaullay and arrive in Paltaybamba (17 km from Chaullay). The group will rest in Huancacalle around 3:00 pm for lunch. Just 30 minutes away, we'll find an archaeological site at Vitcos (Rosaspata), where we will spend the night.
DAY 2: HUANCACALLE - JASUTINA - RACACHACA
We will start our second day from Huancacalle at 7:00 am. After 4 hours of walking, the group will arrive at Totora Huayco (1890 m.a.s.l.). We will ascend for 1 hour to Jasutina Pass, where we'll stop for lunch. From there, we will descend for 3 hours until Racachaca, where we will find a nice view of the snow-covered peak of Lasoma and our second campsite.
DAY 3: RACACHACA - PUMACCASA - ABRA MOJON - MUTUYPATA
The group starts to ascend at 7:00 am from Racachaca to Pumaccasa pass, where we can see Yanacocha Lagoon. After 20 minutes of walking we'll arrive at Pumaccasa pass. The snow-covered peak of Pumacillo and Soyroccocha lagoon offer great and wonderful vistas here. We'll descend to Soyrococha lagoon to enjoy lunch and continue on to Mojon Pass, the highest pass in our trek. We'll see the snowy peaks of Verónica and Salkantay and also the Huayna Picchu. The group will descend for almost 4 hours until Mutuypata, where we'll find the third campsite.
DAY 4: MUTUYPATA - YANATILE - SANTA TERESA - AGUAS CALIENTES
We leave Mutuypata at 7:00 am, descending to the town of Yanatile. Along the way, we can enjoy the hot waters on the edge of the Sacsara River, and we can also see the flora and fauna that surround the spectacular Yanatile Valley.
From Yanatile, the group takes a local transportation to Santa Teresa (it's around 40 minutes by bus). When we reach a suspension bridge, we'll walk for 15 minutes until La Oroya and here we'll take a local bus to Hidroeléctrica de Machu Picchu.where we have lunch.
Afterwards, we'll continue hikking to Aguas Calientes, where we'll spend the fourth night in a nice hotel.
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
Early in the morning the group will take the first bus to Machu Picchu, arriving there after 25 minutes. The group will have a guided tour for approximately 2 hours and then free time to enjoy the citadel. Around 1:00 pm we'll take the bus to Aguas Calientes, where we'll have time for lunch. After that, you will take the train back to Cusco, where our representative will be waiting for you at the train station. Transfer to the hotel
Group Size: Depends on the client
Departure: Depends on the client
Transportation in and out: Cusco - Huancacalle / Poroy train station - Hotel
Local transportation: Yanatile - Santa Teresa / La Oroya - Hidroeléctrica
Vistadome train service: Aguas Calientes - Poroy
Guide: Professional English and Spanish speaking guide; 2 guides for groups over 12 people
Cook: In charge of meal preparation
Horsemen and horses: Carry tents, cooking equipment and also carry backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses (Max. 8 kilos / 17 lbs per person)
Emergency Horse: Just in case someone needs help
Meals: 4 Breakfasts/ 5 Lunches/4 Dinners/ 4 Snacks and afternoon tea
Equipment: tents (2 people in each, 3-person-capacity), Therm-a-rest sleeping pad, dinner tent, special biodegradable bathroom tent, kitchen tent, tables and chairs, table settings, first aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Breakfast the 1st day, usually hotels offer this service
- Sleeping bag
- US$ 15 Sleeping bag rental(-10°C) for the whole trek
- US$ 20 Single tent accommodation
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes
- Group Size: 2 - 16 people
- Fixed departures 2016: Every Wednesday
- Transportation to and from: Cusco - Sayllapata / Poroy train station - hotel
- Backpacker train Service: Aguas Calientes - Poroy
- Entrance Ticket: Machu Picchu
- Bus ticket: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Local transportation: Yanatile - Santa. Teresa / La Oroya - Hidroeléctrica
- Hostel: Double accommodation in Aguas Calientes (4th day)
- Guide: Professional English and Spanish speaking guide; 2 guides for groups over 12 people
- Cook: In charge of meal preparation
- Horsemen and horses: Carry tents, cooking equipment and also carry backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses (Max. 6 kg / 13 lbs per person)
- Emergency Horse: Just in case someone needs help
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts/4 Lunches/4 Dinners/ 4 Snacks and afternoon tea
- Equipment: tents (2 people in each, 3-person-capacity), sleeping pad, dinner tent, toilet tent, kitchen tent, tables and chairs, table settings, first aid kit, including
- emergency oxygen bottle
- Breakfast (day 1), usually the hotels offer this service
- Sleeping bag
- Lunch (day 5)
- US$15 Sleeping bag rental(-10°C) for the whole trek
- US$20 single tent accommodation
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES: Cachicata to Machu Picchu Huchuyqosqo to Machu Picchu Lares to Machu Picchu Huchuyqosqo Patabamba To Machu Picchu Salkantay to Machu Picchu Salkantay Santa Teresa to Machu Picchu Vilcabamba to Machu Picchu
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES: Aausangate Choquequirao Vilcabamba Llama Trek Choquequirao Lares VILCABAMBA
ECOTURISM: Manu Tambopata
FESTIVITIES: Inti Raymi Paucartambo Qoyllorriti
PACKAGES: Inti Raymi Packages 7d/6n Inca Empire Package 8d/7n Puma Package 9d/8n Inti Raymi Peru 10d/9n Majestic Peru Package 13d/12n Traditional Peru Packages 14d/13n Q'ente Package 16d/15n Condor Package 16d/15n Adventure Peru Packages 16d/15n Alternative Condor Packages 17d/16n Extraordinary Peru Package 20d/19n
TRADITIONAL TOURS: City Tour Sacred Valley Tour Machupicchu